Preparing Students for Careers in Remote Sensing Applications
In August, 2002, Washington and New Hampshire NASA Space Grant Consortia collaborated on a workshop bringing together industry leaders, college and university faculty, and government agency representatives to address future workforce needs, strategies and best practices in the field of remote sensing applications.
The three-day workshop, held on the University of New Hampshire campus, was funded by NASA's Office of Earth Science Education under NASA grant NAG5-12410.
Session topics included:
- an examination of current and furture workforce needs;
- best practices in higher education for teaching remote sensing and related topics;
- anticipated technical developments in remote sensing relevant to developing applications;
- internships and externships;
- engaging a diverse student population;
- ongoing communications relating to employment needs and student preparation for entry-level positions.
Links to presentations from the workshop are available on the agenda page.
Download our final report. ESEWorkshoprpt.pdf (136K)