As part of our ongoing commitment to supporting your academic journey, we are updating our GPA requirement for scholarship renewal in our terms and conditions.
The new minimum GPA requirement is 2.9 for scholarship renewal.
Effective starting this Winter Quarter 2024.
And our policy continues that there is no minimum GPA required to initially apply for a scholarship.
Why the Change?
- Greater accessibility: By adjusting the GPA requirement for renewal from 3.3 to the new requirement of 2.9, we will make our scholarships more accessible to a broader range of individuals who demonstrate commitment, dedication, and promise in their academic pursuits.
- NASA alignment: Washington Space Grant is now aligned with the NASA Pathway Internship GPA requirement.
- We heard you: Your feedback has been instrumental in shaping this decision. We value the input of our student community and are committed to responding to your needs.
We’re here for you
If you would like to explore tutoring and other academic resources to maintain or exceed this GPA requirement, our Space Grant staff are here for you. Simply email us to schedule an appointment.
We hope this news brings a sense of encouragement and empowerment to those who may have found the previous GPA requirement challenging. We are here to support you on your academic journey and believe that this adjustment will contribute to a more inclusive and supportive educational experience.
Should you have any questions or concerns about this change or wish to schedule an appointment to discuss academic resources, please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com. Your success is our priority.
Terms and Conditions are updated as follows:
- Maintain a Quarterly and Cumulative GPA of at Least
3.32.9: As an award recipient, you are required to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.32.9 both quarterly and cumulatively. Should your GPA drop below this threshold, you will be expected to work with Space Grant staff to create a plan, such as participating in tutoring, study skills workshops, or other support services to ensure your continued success.
- Performance Improvement Requirement: If your GPA falls below
3.02.5 in any quarter, you will be expected to participate in mandatory tutoring sessions and create a study plan. In addition, you will be required to meet with your department academic advisor AND attend weekly check-ins with the Space Grant staff until you maintain a 3.32.9 GPA. It is imperative that you actively work to improve your academic performance. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the discontinuation of the award for the following quarter.